The White House on Tuesday denied the US media report that the Obama administration has decided to suspend aid to Egypt.
"The reports that we are halting all military assistance to Egypt are false," said the White House National Security Council spokesperson Caitlin Hayden in a statement on Tuesday evening.
"We will announce the future of our assistance relationship with Egypt in the coming days, but as the president made clear at UNGA (the UN General Assembly), that assistance relationship will continue," said Hayden.
CNN reported earlier on Tuesday that the Obama administration has planned to cut off military aid to Egypt, which costs about 1.3 billion billions annually.
The network cited a US official who requested anonymity as saying "an accumulation of events" in Egypt, including recent violence against protesters with dozens killed over the weekend, has prompted the decision of the full suspension of foreign aid to the country.
The official told CNN the suspension will formally take effect in the coming days.
CNN also reported that the United States has not yet notified the Egyptians of the decision and the announcement has already been pushed back a few times.
简明释义：周二，白宫否认美国媒体“奥巴马政府已决定暂停对埃及的援助”的报道。白宫国家安全委员会发言人凯特琳海在周二晚间一份声明中说： “我们停止所有军事援助埃及的报告是假的， ” 。